TILTON ST-246 TWIN DISK CLUTCH KITS Product Description:
Since 1972, Tilton Engineering has been the leading supplier of small diameter racing clutches. Tilton racing clutches are world renowned for their performance and reliability, winning championships in nearly every form of motorsport worldwide, including F1, NASCAR, IMSA, IndyCar, SCCA, Formula Drift and SCORE.
Tilton has now applied their nearly 50 years of experience in racing clutches to develop the ST-246 line of twin disc clutch kits for the high-performance street market. Unlike many of the “performance clutches” on the market, ST-246 clutches were designed from the ground up as a true performance twin disc clutch and not an OEM-type stamped steel pressure plate with a floater added. Featuring an aluminum clutch cover that shares technology from Tilton’s championship winning line of OT- Series racing clutches, ST-246 clutches feature heavy duty straps that attach the pressure plate and floater plate to minimize noise. ST-246 clutches are available with either sprung-hub organic discs for street applications or solid-hub cerametallic discs for street/strip applications.
All kits include a billet chromoly steel flywheel that features a precision register for the clutch to provide optimal balance of the clutch/ flywheel assembly. In addition, ST-246 clutches can be used with most OEM release bearings or Tilton’s renowned hydraulic release bearings as an option. Most importantly, Tilton ST-246 clutch kits offer all this technology at a price point that is very competitive to the other clutches on the market.
- Precision machined aluminum clutch cover high-strength, stiffness and better balance than OE-type stamped steel covers.
- High-mass main pressure plate and floater plate machined from the same proprietary materials as used by Tilton’s racing clutches, provides high heat capacity and resists warpage. Heavy duty straps attach plates to cover to minimize noise and provide clean clutch release.
- Organic disc option, with sprung center hub to dampen engine vibrations and reduce gearbox noise, provides smooth engagement for street use and holds 850 lb-ft of torque.
- Cerametallic disc option, with solid center hub for higher strength, provides positive/precise engagement characteristics for streets/strip and holds 1250 lb-ft of torque.
- Chromoly steel flywheel provides high strength and long-term durability. Features a precision register to locate the clutch and provide optimal balance, as opposed to loose fitting bolts & dowels used with stamped steel clutches.
- ST-246 clutches are designed to work with most OEM release bearings or Tilton hydraulic release bearings.
- Pressure plate.
- Clutch disks.
- Clutch bolts.
- Flywheel bolts.
- Alignment tool.
|Other Part Numbers:
||Clutch Disk Kits
|Disc Diameter (in):
||Organic and Ceramic
||Solid and Sprung
|Pressure Plate Style:
|Mounting Hardware Included:
||Sold as a kit.
|In Store Pickup:
||Colton, CA, USA
- Chevy Camaro Gen 6.
- Chevy Camaro Gen 5.
- Chevy Corvette C7.
- Chevy Corvette C6.
- Chevy Corvette C5.
- Chevy LS (6-Bolt) – Tremec T56 Magnum 6-Speed.
- Chevy LS (6-Bolt) – Tremec TKO 5-Speed.
- Chevy LSX (8-Bolt) -Tremec T56 Magnum 6-Speed.
- Chevy LSX (8-Bolt) Tremec TKO 5-Speed.
- Chevy LT1/LT4 – Tremec T56 Magnum 6-Speed.
- Chevy LT1/LT4 – Tremec TKO 5-Speed.
- Chevy V8 (Early, Internal Bal) – Tremec T56 Magnum 6-Speed.
- Chevy V8 (Early, Internal Bal) – Tremec TKO 5-Speed.
There is no warranty stated or implied, due the unusual stresses placed on racing/performance parts and because we have no control over how they are used. This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties expressed or implied, including the warranty of merchantability and fitness for use and all other obligations or liabilities on the Company’s part. The obligation of TILTON ENGINEERING under this warranty shall be limited to the part or parts shown to be defective and the Company will not be responsible for any damage or loss caused by delays, failures or any consequential damage arising from any cause whatsoever, nor for labor, transportation or any other charges incurred in the replacement or repair of said defective part or parts.
This warranty to repair or replace is the only warranty expressed, implied or statutory on which the buyer purchases the Company’s products. All other damages and warranties, statutory or otherwise, being expressly waived by the buyer. TILTON ENGINEERING’s warranty will not be in force for any merchandise which has not been paid for in full to the Company, or which has been subject to accident, negligence, alteration, abuse or misuse. The Company makes no warranty whatsoever with respect to accessories or parts not supplied by TILTON ENGINEERING.
TILTON ENGINEERING neither assumes, nor authorizes any person to assume for it, any other liability except as otherwise expressly provided for herein, in connection with the sale of TILTON ENGINEERING parts, products or services.