Since 1987, Whipple Superchargers™ have been the pioneers and leaders of twin-screw supercharging. Whipple was the first to bring positive displacement technology to fuel injected. With over 30+ years of GM twin-screw supercharging experience, Whipple's team have now engineered one of the most powerful intercooled twin-screw SC system available today for your LS based engine. Whether you have a LS1, LS2, LS3, LS6, LS7 or anything in between, Whipple has a front entry SC system that will work for your hot-rod, sand rail or whatever other application you need neck whipping power for.
With all the latest technology, the all new Whipple system makes more power than any other positive displacement supercharger system on the market giving you tire frying, neck whipping power that will give you a grin from ear to ear. The new Whipple system is 100% complete and is designed for stock engines but has enough capability to work with heavily modified engines. The all-new system features Whipple's massive oversized air-to-water intercooler for unmatched cooling capacity, a unique front feed W185RF (a whopping 3.0 liters) Whipple twin-screw supercharger that reaches 99% volumetric efficiency and industry leading power potential. Add the optional race porting to pick-up a potential 100+ engine HP when spinning the SC above 18,000rpm!
The unique intercooled bypass system offers better acceleration and less than 1hp of consumption during cruising for excellent fuel economy. The front feed features a 112MM round front inlet, oversized aluminum bar and plate intercooler and oversized inlet/outlet water fittings to ensure consistent power. The LS based system is available for LS1, LS3 and LS7 type cylinder heads and designed around the Z-body belt line. While others claim, Whipple Superchargers simply deliver more power per pound of boost than any other supercharger on the market today.
The 3.0L Whipple can be configured in the following belt line only:
- Wegner Truck or "Z" body Camaro.
This supercharger "kit" will contain the following:
- 3.0L Whipple Supercharger.
- Intake manifold, built in intercooler, discharge plate.
- Billet fuel rails.
- 10rib black supercharger pulley (your choice on size).
- Supercharger belt tensioner with pulley.
- Supercharger adjustable idler pulley.
- Supercharger adjustable tensioner pulley.
- Supercharger billet idler/tensioner plate.
- Gaskets/seals for intake manifold to heads.
- Hardware for bolting to heads.
This supercharger kit DOES NOT include the following and will need to be purchased separately:
- Fuel injectors.
- External heat exchanger.
- Circulation pump.
- MAP sensor.
- Throttle body.
- Any front accessories.
KIT REQUIRES FUEL SYSTEM, TUNING AND FABRICATION.
WHIPPLE SUPERCHARGERS EXCLUSIVE FEATURES:
- Front entry W185RF 3.0L Whipple twin-screw supercharger that significantly outperforms competitions 1.9L and 2.3L roots-type systems.
- 30% bigger than the 2.3L roots.
- 58% bigger than the 1.9L roots.
- Front feed supercharger utilizes precision ground helical cut gears vs a problematic belt.
- Integrated casting to minimize bolt on pieces, adapters, leaks and flow restrictions.
- Driver side front entry works perfect with hot rod applications, allowing for easy air ducting to supercharger.
- Massive air-to-water aluminum bar-plate intercooler offers more cooling than any other positive displacement system available.
- Whipple Superchargers massive oversized intercooled air-bypass system for industry leading reduction of burst knock and incredible fuel economy, no ridiculous fabbed steel tubes or systems that circulate hot air.
- Self-contained oversized oil system for dramatically reduced oil temps in even the most demanding conditions.
- Exclusive 3x4 rotor combo for significant increase in airflow under the curve than less efficient 4x6 rotor combo.
- Zero turn inlet allows for decreased induction losses when compared to rear inlet systems and 180deg bends.
- Billet fuel rails with AN type female threads for easy plumbing.
- Center discharge port for better cylinder to cylinder distribution then other twin-screws with cobbled together billet adapters and forward facing discharge.
- Discharge down design allows for less pressure loss which gives more power at lower boost levels.
- Top mount design allows for cooler operation then upside down SC's that conduct heat from engine and are trapped by runners and covers, causing hotter manifold temps and less power per pound of boost.
- More boost at the "hit" than any other twin-screw.
- Flat torque curve for incredible acceleration.
- No internal modifications required.
- Completed installation looks factory installed, not some cobbled together kit with multiple billet adapters.
- Kits come complete with all necessary parts and hardware for installation.
- Unique oil level sight glass for easy oil level and quality check, no dipstick to bind or misread.
- Works with short high flow fuel injectors.
- Works with Wegner belt system.
- Stainless steel jack-shaft with unique plastic cover (or optional carbon fiber) for increased safety.
- Available in wrinkle black, polish or any custom color.
- Works with stock 80mm, 90mm TB, aftermarket 102MM and Whipple 109mm.
- Instant boost at the touch of the throttle.
- 3 minute pulley changes.
The 3.0L Whipple can be configured to the following cylinder head styles:
- GM LS1/LS2/LS6 cathedral port.
- GM LS3/L92/LSA rectangle port.
- GM LS7 raised rectangle port.
The 3.0L Whipple can be configured in the following colors:
- Gloss black powder coat finish.
- Stage 3 polished finish.
- Custom color (your choice) powder coat finish.
- Whipple Race Porting modifies the port shape of the supercharger. This offers increased airflow, cooler temps when exceeding 12,000rpm blower speed or higher.
WHIPPLE SUPPERCHARGERS ORDERING INFORMATION:
- This is a special order item please allow 1 to 4 weeks for delivery.
- Must provide cylinder head style and finish at time of order.
- Please call for more info. 909.291.7550 x2004
WHIPPLE SUPPERCHARGERS C.A.R.B. INFORMATION:
THIS PRODUCT MAY BE USED SOLELY ON VEHICLES USED IN SANCTIONED COMPETITION WHICH MAY NEVER BE USED UPON A PUBLIC ROAD OR HIGHWAY, UNLESS PERMITTED BY SPECIFIC REGULATORY EXEMPTION (VISIT THE “EMISSIONS” PAGE FOR STATE BY STATE DETAILS.
LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA ONLY FOR RACING VEHICLES WHICH MAY NEVER BE USED, OR REGISTERED OR LICENSED FOR USE, UPON A HIGHWAY.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE INSTALLER AND/OR USER OF THIS PRODUCT TO ENSURE THAT IT IS USED IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
THIS POLICY ONLY APPLIES TO INSTALLERS AND/OR USERS WHO ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES, HOWEVER CUSTOMERS WHO RESIDE IN OTHER COUNTRIES SHOULD ACT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
WHIPPLE SUPPERCHARGERS WARRANTY INFORMATION: