Since 1987, Whipple Superchargers™ have been the pioneers and leaders of twin-screw supercharging. Whipple was the first to bring positive displacement technology to fuel injected. With over 30+ years of GM twin-screw supercharging experience, Whipple's team have now engineered one of the most powerful intercooled twin-screw SC system available today for your LS based engine. Whether you have a LS1, LS2, LS3, LS6, LS7 or anything in between, Whipple has a rear entry SC system that will work for your hot-rod, sand rail or whatever other application you need neck whipping power for.
With all the latest technology, the all new Whipple system makes more power than any other positive displacement supercharger system on the market giving you tire frying, neck whipping power that will give you a grin from ear to ear.
The all-new system features Whipple's massive oversized air-to-water intercooler for unmatched cooling capacity, a unique rear feed W275AX (a whopping 4.5 liters) integrated Whipple twin-screw supercharger that reaches 99% volumetric efficiency and industry leading power potential. The 4.5L blower uses the better 8mm bolts for the supercharger pulley and runs a 12 rib setup, the 4.0L uses smaller 6mm bolts and a 10 rib drive. The 4.5L also has a better gear case which holds more fluid, keeping the blower cooler and making it more efficient than the 4.0L.
This kit includes only the supercharger and built-in intercooler and intake manifold system. No heat exchanger, piping, fuel system, or any other parts. It is also recommended to run a standalone computer setup. Air entry must be placed on driver side. ATI balancer required. Usually the supercharger will fit under the hood and inside the firewall for GM trucks, but it is not guaranteed, some trimming may be required. The cowl in the back of the engine bay will most likely need to be trimmed.
The unique intercooled bypass system offers better acceleration and less than 1hp of consumption during cruising for excellent fuel economy. The new system is very modular, offering many different belt system and cylinder head options. While others claim, Whipple Superchargers simply deliver more power per pound of boost than any other supercharger on the market today.
Note: Must use ATI balancer.
The 4.5L Whipple can be configured in the following belt line only:
- Y-Body (C6 Corvette).
- C/Z-Body (10 + Gen 5 Camaro).
- Wegner (uses C6 offset).
This supercharger "kit" will contain the following:
- 4.5L Whipple Supercharger.
- Intake manifold, built-in intercooler, discharge plate.
- Billet fuel rails.
- 12rib black supercharger pulley (your choice on size).
- Supercharger belt tensioner with pulley.
- Supercharger adjustable idler pulley.
- Supercharger adjustable tensioner pulley.
- Supercharger billet idler/tensioner plate.
- Gaskets/seals for intake manifold to heads.
- Hardware for bolting to heads.
This supercharger kit DOES NOT include the following and will need to be purchased separately:
- Fuel injectors.
- External heat exchanger.
- Throttle body.
- Circulation pump.
- MAP sensor.
- ATI balancer.
- Any front accessories.
KIT REQUIRES FUEL SYSTEM, TUNING AND FABRICATION.
WHIPPLE SUPERCHARGERS EXCLUSIVE FEATURES:
- Rear entry W275ax (4.5 liters) Whipple twin-screw supercharger that significantly outperforms competitions 1.9L & 2.3L roots-type systems.
- Integrated casting to minimize bolt on pieces, adapters, leaks and flow restrictions.
- Integrated Crusher elliptical inlet for included throttle body.
- Integrated design allows for oversized intercooler core compared to other smaller intercooler cores giving Whipple lower air charge temps which allows more boost and timing to be run on pump gas.
- Massive air-to-water aluminum bar-plate intercooler offers more cooling than any other positive displacement system available.
- Whipple Superchargers massive oversized intercooled air-bypass system for industry leading reduction of burst knock and incredible fuel economy, no ridiculous fabbed steel tubes or systems that circulate hot air.
- Self-contained oversized oil system for dramatically reduced oil temps in even the most demanding conditions.
- Exclusive 3x5 rotor combo for significant increase in airflow under the curve than less efficient 4x6 rotor combo.
- Billet fuel rails with AN type female threads for easy plumbing.
- Center discharge port for better cylinder to cylinder distribution then other twin-screws with cobbled together billet adapters and forward facing discharge.
- Discharge down design allows for less pressure loss which gives more power at lower boost levels.
- Top mount design allows for cooler operation then upside down SC's that conduct heat from engine and are trapped by runners and covers, causing hotter manifold temps and less power per pound of boost.
- More boost at the "hit" than any other twin-screw.
- Flat torque curve for incredible acceleration.
- Kits come complete with all necessary parts and hardware for installation.
- Unique oil level sight glass for easy oil level and quality check, no dipstick to bind or misread.
- Works with short high flow fuel injectors.
- Keep front end accessories in factory location.
- Extended 12-rib belt system with matching billet pulleys.
- Stainless steel jack-shaft with unique plastic cover (or optional carbon fiber) for increased safety.
- Available in black, polish or any custom color.
- Instant boost at the touch of the throttle.
- 3 minute pulley changes.
The 3.0L Whipple can be configured to the following cylinder head styles:
- GM LS1/LS2/LS6 cathedral port.
- GM LS3/L92/LSA rectangle port.
- GM LS7 raised rectangle port.
The 3.0L Whipple can be configured in the following colors:
- Gloss black powder coat finish.
- Stage 3 polished finish.
- Custom color (your choice) powder coat finish.
- Whipple Race Porting modifies the port shape of the supercharger. This offers increased airflow, cooler temps when exceeding 12,000rpm blower speed or higher.
WHIPPLE SUPPERCHARGERS ORDERING INFORMATION:
- This is a special order item please allow 1 to 4 weeks for delivery.
- Must provide cylinder head style and finish at time of order.
- Please call for more info. 909.291.7550 x2004
WHIPPLE SUPPERCHARGERS C.A.R.B. INFORMATION:
THIS PRODUCT MAY BE USED SOLELY ON VEHICLES USED IN SANCTIONED COMPETITION WHICH MAY NEVER BE USED UPON A PUBLIC ROAD OR HIGHWAY, UNLESS PERMITTED BY SPECIFIC REGULATORY EXEMPTION (VISIT THE “EMISSIONS” PAGE FOR STATE BY STATE DETAILS.
LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA ONLY FOR RACING VEHICLES WHICH MAY NEVER BE USED, OR REGISTERED OR LICENSED FOR USE, UPON A HIGHWAY.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE INSTALLER AND/OR USER OF THIS PRODUCT TO ENSURE THAT IT IS USED IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
THIS POLICY ONLY APPLIES TO INSTALLERS AND/OR USERS WHO ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES, HOWEVER CUSTOMERS WHO RESIDE IN OTHER COUNTRIES SHOULD ACT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
WHIPPLE SUPPERCHARGERS WARRANTY INFORMATION: